Girl, 7, dies, three siblings hospitalised after eating poisonous cassava

for Tv47 Digital June 09, 2022, 03:27 PM
new project 25 28
Mourners at the home of a family in Makongeni Village, Nambale sub-County, where a seven-year-old girl lost her life after eating poisonous cassava.

A seven-year-old girl from Makongeni village in Nambale, Busia County, lost her life while three other siblings are recuperating at Busia County Referral Hospital after allegedly consuming poisonous raw cassava.

According to neighbours, the four children aged seven, nine, six and five started experiencing stomach upset before they were rushed to Nambale sub-County Hospital for treatment.

The seven-year-old succumbed at the Nambale sub-County Hospital as the other three were rushed to Busia County Referral Hospital for specialized medication.

Dickens Etyang, a nurse in-charge at the hospital, said that tests have confirmed the cause of death as the raw cassava the siblings ate. The three are out of danger because they are responding to medication.

- Advertisement -

- Advertisement -

Comment below

Latest Stories

Recommended Stories