Uhuru Kenyatta refuses to host a youth group at his Ichaweri home

National News
Uhuru Kenyatta refuses to host a youth group at his Ichaweri home

The Office of Kenya’s fourth President, Uhuru Kenyatta, has issued a statement regarding reports of a planned visit by a group of young people to his residence in Ichaweri, Gatundu.

In a statement dated February 22, 2026, the Office said it had noted reports circulating about an intended visit but clarified that the former President is currently not in a position to host the said group.

The mobilization for the visit appeared to have taken place online following a number of mentions on X. A tentative date of February 25 had been mentioned in some of them.

However, according to the statement signed by his Communications Secretary, Kanze Dena, there was no official communication to the Office, and details surrounding the planned visit remain unclear.

While acknowledging the energy and patriotism of Kenya’s youth, the former President emphasised the importance of structured and peaceful engagement.

The statement encouraged organisers of such initiatives to formally communicate with the Office in advance to allow for proper arrangements for meaningful dialogue.

The Office further reiterated that President (Rtd) Kenyatta remains open to engaging with young people in a dignified manner that promotes unity and mutual respect. 

Trending Now


University students in Kakamega, staged protests claiming they were allegedly cheated after participating…


Subscribe to Our Newsletter

*we hate spam as much as you do

More From Author


Related Posts

See all >>

Latest Posts

See all >>