Manchester United speaks after Antony’s domestic violence probe starts

SportsWORLD
Manchester United speaks after Antony’s domestic violence probe starts

Manchester United has spoken after their attacker Antony Dos Santos was accused of domestic violence as his time in Manchester appears to be mirroring Mason Greenwood’s.

The Brazilian forward recently came under scrutiny when his ex-girlfriend, Gabriela Cavallin, claimed that he had assaulted her on multiple occasions between June 2022 and May 2023.

Manchester United, which previously suspended Greenwood over similar accusations and eventually loaned him out after the case collapsed and their internal investigations failed to find him guilty, has issued a statement regarding Antony’s situation.

Antony domestic violence
Antony’s ex-girlfriend Gabriela Cavallin (pictured) claims the attacker assaulted her multiple times. [Photo/Courtesy].

The club acknowledges the allegations against Antony, which are currently subject to police investigation, and emphasizes that it takes these claims very seriously.

“Pending further information, the club will be making no further comments. As a club, we are taking this matter seriously, with consideration of the impact of these allegations and subsequent reporting will have on survivors of abuse,” the club stated on Wednesday.

Manchester United violence
Mason Greenwood (pictured) was suspended by Manchester United over similar accusations. [Photo/Courtesy].

Ex-girlfriend accuses Antony of domestic violence

In an exclusive interview with the Brazilian website UOL, Cavallin detailed the alleged incidents of domestic violence, claiming that Antony had attacked her using glass, resulting in severe injuries to her finger.

The DJ and influencer recounted that the 23-year-old winger’s first assault occurred on June 1, 2022, while she was pregnant and vacationing in Brazil.

Cavallin asserted that Antony, a member of the Brazil National Team that participated in the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar, had forcibly placed her in a car and assaulted her before menacingly threatening to eject her from the moving vehicle at high speed.

Antony domestic violence
Antony has now been dropped from the Brazil national team squad in the wake of the accusations. [Photo/Courtesy].

“He said that if I didn’t stay with him, I wouldn’t stay with anyone. I told him I was pregnant, that he was scaring me, making my heart race. I was shaking with fear,” Cavallini disclosed to UOL.

Following this traumatic incident, the then-pregnant Cavallin says, she sought medical attention the next day, only to receive the tragic news of the loss of her unborn child.

The serious allegations against Antony Dos Santos have cast a shadow over his career at Manchester United, raising concerns about his future with the club.

Related Posts

See all >>

Latest Posts

See all >>