Homa Bay: 3 family members die after electrocution from clothesline

Homa Bay: 3 family members die after electrocution from clothesline

Grief has descended upon Nyatwere Village in North Kachien Location, Homa Bay County as three family members tragically lost their lives in an electrocution accident.

Lavender Otieno, 30, was fatally electrocuted while removing clothes from a clothesline that had a live current.

In a desperate attempt to rescue Lavender, her brothers-in-law, Elijah Ochieng, 31, and Isaiah Onyango, 35, also suffered the same fate.

The area chief, Jacob Adienge and family members attribute the tragedy to the work of an unqualified electrician who was tasked with connecting electricity to Lavender’s house. 

The quack electrician is currently at large, leaving the community grappling with the devastating aftermath of electrocution.

The administrator said preliminary investigation has revealed that the power was connected at Lavender’s house by someone from the village who had no knowledge in dealing with electricity.

“I appeal to members of the public to stop hiring these quack electricians to do anything on matters wiring. We should always engage professionals who are qualified and licensed, when it comes to connecting power to our houses,” he warned.

Meanwhile, bodies of the deceased were taken to Rachuonyo South Sub County Hospital mortuary. 

Related Posts

See all >>

Latest Posts

See all >>